We love our Faux Retreats and we want to share one with you! Just a little paint on your head could get you a free retreat. Read the official rules below:
- Who can enter? To enter you must work as a professional Decorative Finisher/Artist/Muralist.
- How many videos can you submit? You may only submit one video. However if you challenge another person you will have two chances to win and you both get half off the August retreat.
- Can videos be submitted any way other than by uploading to the contest? You can upload via YouTube, Vimeo and Instagram.
- How long should the videos be? Your video should be under 1 minute and must show paint actually being poured on your head either by you or someone else.
- Are there any specific requirements for the video content? YES! Read below..
1. You must have a professional business in the Decorative Painting industry to qualify for the Faux Retreat prize. (Your business will be verified either by your website and/or business license)
2. The person submitting the video entry must be the person who is shown getting paint dumped on them.
3. Are there prizes? What are the prizes?
4. You may not challenge a spouse, relative, employee or employer.
1 Grand prize winner will be our guest at the August Faux Retreat. You will receive all classes, retreat food and lodging free of charge.
or double your chances of winning by challenging someone else and if either of you are selected, you both split the prize.
2 Grand prize winners will each get to come to the August Faux Retreat for half off the regular retreat price.
3rd and 4th Place winners will receive either a Cutting Edge or Royal Design Studio Stencil.
Contest submissions and voting ends at 11pm on May 19, 2015. Winner(s) announced by May 22, 2015
All eligible entries received during the Submission Period will be gathered and then randomly be pooled using a “random winner picker” tool (We are making Deb Drager do it!). Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant that does not meet the qualifications or change the winner selection method at its sole discretion.
Announcement that an entrant was selected will be sent to the email address supplied on the contest entry form. Each entrant is responsible for monitoring his or her email account for notification and receipt or other communications related to this contest. The winners will be announced by May 22, 2015.
(1) One Winner - Sole entry - August Faux Retreat classes, food and on-site lodging.
(2) Two Winners - Challenged/Shared entry - Both receive half off the August Faux Retreat.
Two additional winners will each get either a Cutting Edge, Melanie Royals or Victoria Larsen Stencil.
Winner(s) will have 24 hours after prize notification to register for the August Faux Retreat and supply a $200 deposit. An announcement that an entrant will be receiving a prize will be sent to the email address supplied on the potential prize winner’s entry form. Each entrant is responsible for monitoring his or her email account for notification and receipt or other communications related to this contest. If a potential prize winner cannot be reached by Administrator (or Sponsor) within 24 hours using the contact information provided at the time of entry, that potential prize winner shall forfeit the prize. Upon the request of the Sponsor, the potential winner may be required to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Prize Acceptance Form and IRS W-9 form. If a potential winner fails to comply with these official rules, that potential winner will be disqualified.
Terms and conditions may apply. Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the respective prize winner. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE IS SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.